To provide the youth of Attleboro the opportunity to participate in recreational and competitive soccer leagues by teaching and demonstrating soccer skills, sportsmanship, honesty, respect, and fair play. To provide a safe environment where our youth not only can excel in their soccer skills but also learn the importance of physical fitness in their lives. To provide an atmosphere where the player’s emotional well-being will be nurtured as they learn the importance of teamwork, determination, persistence, and hard work. All members will work towards instilling in our youth the enjoyment and fun aspects of the beautiful game of soccer.
Attleboro Youth Soccer (AYS) is a volunteer PARENT organization, that currently has over 850 children playing this popular youth sport. The program continues to grow every year, so AYS needs many volunteers such as coaches, assistant coaches, board members, age group coordinators, field coordinators etc. .
- AYS is not affiliated or funded by the City of Attleboro. We need all the help we can get, so please check off an area on the registration form where you might be able to donate some of your time or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- AYS monthly board meetings are open to all parents and coaches. Our meetings are held the second Thursday of every month except July .
We hope you are enjoying the fall soccer season so far! We wanted to inform you of the tryouts coming up in November for the 2016 Olympic Development Program for players born in 2004 to 1999. We are hoping you can help spread the word about tryouts!
The Olympic Development Program was designed to develop and identify the elite youth soccer player across the country. The best players in the game get better by playing with and against the best players. Massachusetts ODP is the ideal environment in which the elite youth soccer player can grow and develop in every aspect of the game and in leading the life of an athlete.
The program has some of the top coaches in the state. Most head coaches have a United States Soccer Federation (USSF) A or B license and plenty of experience teaching the game.
Please see the following link: http://www.mayouthsoccer.org/odp/tryoutinfo.aspx for the specific tryout dates for your given age group. Registration is now open and we would love to see you at tryouts!
What is TDC - Technical Development Center?
Each Center is designed to help players improve their technical skills and to increase their efficiency and proficiency with the ball. Weekly one-hour sessions are run by our Technical Staff Coaches at numerous locations across the state. The sessions are dynamic, fast-paced and will focus to enhance every player’s technical development in the skills of Dribbling, Passing, Receiving and Shooting. Coaches are also invited to attend TDCs. They will receive copies of the session plan and will have the opportunity to discuss the session with the Staff Coach. Our Technical Development Centers are a tremendous opportunity for your players and coaches to improve in an intense, fun and memorable soccer environment.
TDC Site in Attleboro through MYSA
- MYSA will run the session on Thursday evenings from 6-8pm . The cost per player would be $140. The player would register directly with MYSA, and registration would be open to Attleboro, as well as players from surrounding towns.
- The TDC would run for 10 sessions as follows:
- Dec. 3, 10, 17 Jan. 7,21, 28 Feb. 4,11, 25 Mar 3
- 6pm – 7pm would be for 3rd, 4th, 5th grade players
- 7pm – 8pm would be for 6th, 7th, 8th grade players
Here is a link to the program information and registration page: http://www.mayouthsoccer.org/programs/skills_academy.aspx There is still limited room available, if you have not registered there is time. If you have registered thank you, we are looking forward to working with your child. Coaches can attend this program free of charge, and shadow the sessions, receiving copies of the weekly sessions.